Aileen Fernandez-Mesa, Esquire is a partner of Orshan, Spann & Fernandez-Mesa.
Ms. Fernandez-Mesa’s entire legal career has been dedicated to family law matters (including dependency). More particularly, she focuses her practice on complex family and matrimonial law litigation, including, but not limited to:
As former Division Chief and Supervising Attorney for the Department of Children and Families, Ms. Fernandez-Mesa has extensive experience in the practice and litigation of family law and dependency matters before the state courts.
Ms. Fernandez-Mesa is known for her direct and solution-driven approach.
“Custody agreements aren’t easy. Aileen was easy to talk to and always ensured that every decision that was made was the best decision for our family. Her empathy is like no other and her professionalism is exceptional.” -Client Review
During her tenure with the Department of Children and Families’, Ms. Fernandez-Mesa received the Outstanding Achievement Award for Trial Preparation in 2009 and earned a Formal Commendation from Secretary of Department of Children and Families for her work with the Department in 2010.
Ms. Fernandez-Mesa has been a Florida Bar Member since 2007 and joined the Family Law Section in 2012. She is also a member of the Cuban American Bar Association (CABA) and First Family Law Inn of Courts. She is presently serving as President of Kidside (a non- profit organization devoted to supporting Family Court Services). She was the Co-Chair for the Florida Charitable Employee Campaign from 2009 to 2011. Finally, Ms. Fernandez-Mesa devotes her time as a Pro Bono Guardian Ad Litem.
Ms. Fernandez-Mesa is fluent in English and Spanish.
Awards & Recognition
- AV Preeminent Attorney; Martindale-Hubbell, 2016-2020
- Rising Stars; Super Lawyers, 2017-2020
- AV Preeminent Attorney - Judicial Edition; Martindale-Hubbell, 2016-2019
- America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 1%; The American Registry, 2018-2019
- Lawyers.com AV Preeminent; Martindale-Hubbell, 2018-2019
- Top Attorneys: Florida's Outstanding Young Lawyers; 2016, 2019
- America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 5%; The American Registry, 2017
- 10th Anniversary; Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Lawyers of Distinction; 2017
- 10 Best Attorneys; American Institute of Family Law Attorneys